Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Brewers Art Brewing Company - La Petroleuse Ale Review


Type: Belgian Ale

ABV: 7.8%

Color: Cloudy deep orangish-brown with nice golden hues at the bottom. The head is full and creamy, but disappears quickly.

Aroma: In order of dominance: Alcohol, Citrusy-orange, and malt sweetness.

Taste. Alcohol also mildly dominates the taste, but the citrus does come through, lightly mixing with some mild hints of malt. The finish is uneventful and leaves an alcohol taste on the tongue.

Overall: I was so anticipating this beer, but when i finally took a drink, the excitement vanished. I didn't get malt or the citrus that much, and that was disappointing. I don't hate it, but I think the expectations my be making me bias in the rating I am given. The Belgian influences are there, and are why i give it some extra respect.

Score: 7.8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment