Friday, July 9, 2010

Goose Island Brewery - IPA Review

Type: IPA

ABV: 5.9%

IBU: 55



Sight: Summery translucent bright-orange with golden tones at the bottom. The head is a finger-thick that is fluffy white and dies off to leave a creamy film on that surface of the brew.

Aroma: Earthy floral front with a hop citrus pop. A nice nose of sweet malt on a deeper inhale.

Taste: Orange and grapefruit with a light sweet caramel backbone. A mild tingle of alcohol from front to back keeps things together well. It finishes with a light sour that pinches on the inner cheeks.

Overall: Not too shabby. The nose matches the taste. The mouthfeel is light to light medium and is very pleasing to to tongue. Refreshing and clean overall with a light aftertaste that can be inviting for more than 1 at a time.

Score: 8.0/10


2 comments:

  1. ...After watching this...

    ...oh man I need an IPA! LOVE IPA's and this video is making me want one right about now. And to think that I was going to go with a Stout tonight :)

    Ok enough about that, on this beer...

    I've been trying to get my hands on anything Goose Island for months now, with the IPA being the preferred one to find. It's hard to find a lot of stuff from the east coast or up north here in Dallas.

    I'm glad you liked the beer, and it looks wonderful. Thanks for posting this up and helping to influence my beer choice for the night :)

    Ilya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late response...Glad I helped in your choice.

    ReplyDelete