Saturday, May 22, 2010

Abita Brewing Company - Jockamo IPA

Preface: I am now up to 50 reviews on the blog in the short amount of time I've been doing reviews. So I was thinking what beer should I review to mark the occasion...Well I was gonna do a hard to find original from my neck of the woods. Then I thought,  how about the best Belgian Beer out there..."Orval"...Neither of those hit me good, so i figured I'd do the highest rated brew that i have submitted for review so far.










Type: India Pale Ale

ABV: 6.5%

Color: Very attractive orange-brown with a lighter hue on the bottom. It pours with a very nice and creamy head that hangs on nicely

Aroma: An overwhelming orange on first inhale then get some light florals in the nose also...Completely enjoyable and intoxicating.

Taste: Orange is dominant, but there is definitely grapefruit and i would say lime coming through also. Not as much bitter bite as you might expector want with an IPA, but some bitter is there. The finish hangs onto the tongue nicely.

Overall: Love it, a great effort from Abita. Nice citrusiness and just the right amount of dryness. The only complaint could be not enough bitter for an IPA, but the body, nose, and mouthfeel totally overcompensate for any hop bitterness lacking. Great balance and just an all around great beer.

Score: 9.4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment