Friday, October 29, 2010

Avery Brewing Co. - Indian pale Ale Review

Brewery: Avery Brewing Co.

Type: India Pale Ale

ABV: 6.5%

Sight: Translucent orange that has a dark tone to it. Deep yellows will show when displayed in front of light. The head pours white and thin, then leaves a creamy film on the surface.


Aroma: Re-diculous hop presence with healthy notes of grapefruit, orange and lemon tickling the nostrils nicely. A mellow sweet light-malt follows through the second inhale. I so hope the taste stands true to the nose.

Taste: Wow...Actually surprised that the malt is what flows first to the tastebuds. A great sweet malt, with a heavy dosing of dry piney floralness mixed within. The citrus comes through nicely by way of pops and crackles, breaking through the malt body. The finish is soft with a hint bitter that I enjoy.

Overall: Well I was hoping that I would be satisfied with this IPA when picking it up at the store...I was more than impressed with it to say the least. Floral-citrus-malt-bitterness that was well balanced and flowed evenly from start to finish. The mouthfeel is light to medium and the finish leaves a nice tart bite on the tongue that I wish I could keep all day.


Score: 9.0/10

No comments:

Post a Comment