Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Brooklyn Brewery - Oktoberfest Review

Type: Oktoberfest Seasonal

ABV: 5.5%

Sight: Transparent amber brown with an almost cherry hue to it. The head pours bright white, fluffy and thin...quarter inch thick.

Aroma: Earthy, like grass hop front with some alcohol tingles. The roasted malt comes near the end as caramel and is light and clean.

Taste: The malt roastiness comes through strong but balances well through to the middles light hoppy pop. Not any bitter but there is some dry in the finish. There is a little zing from alcohol that smooths out to close.

Overall: Like the earthiness of this Marzen. The hop notes are of grass which I love. Great balance of ingredients. Light-medium mouthfeel and a dry aftertaste.

Score: 8.0/10

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Brooklyn's Oktoberfest and look forward to it every year. I have yet to have anything from this brewery that I don't like...though I still have yet to get my hands on their last Weisse dammit!

    My brother tried their Lager...well anything from them...for the first time last week and fell in love. I just thought "well duh...it's Brooklyn brewery!" ;)

    Ilya

    ReplyDelete