Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lancaster Brewing Company - Hop Hog IPA Review

http://www.lancasterbrewing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=189Type: India Pale Ale

ABV: 7.9%

IBU: 55

Sight: It pours a deep reddish-brown that is translucent in nature. The head is bubbly and full(finger and a half thick), and dissipates to a nice lacing cream.


Aroma: Hoppy and sweet citrus are the first impressions. With a deeper sniff I get the caramel sweetness along with a twinge of alcohol.

Taste: Spice of alcohol pops first then that caramel follows. The hop presence is underwhelming and because of that the citrus essence lacks also. The brew finishes with a slight bite towards the back of the throat, but nothing really to make you want more.

Overall: Mouthfeel is medium, with a minimal coating of the tongue. Basically lackluster and unimpressive. The "Hog" must have eaten the hops on this one. I want my IPA's to be full of bitter hops and citrus...so maybe my expectations are a little high...I don't think so though. I am sorry Lancaster Brewing co., but get with it and hop it up.

Score: 6.0/10

Lancaster Brewing Co. - Hop Hog IPA

No comments:

Post a Comment